Theatreworks Plays and Events
CURRENT PLAYS & EVENTS
Traditionally, Theatreworks presents a seven-show subscription season, as well as our Free-For-All program and associated events including panels, chats, and Prologues.
In 2020 and 2021 during the coronavirus pandemic, Theatreworks staff has been exploring the digital world: virtual costume tutorials, sneak-peek videos, full-length virtual productions, and our Month of Joy.
In January-July 2021, Theatreworks is planning the following programs:
A free virtual Sunday reading series of five plays, exploring our potential 2021-2022 season:
- January 24 at 4pm: Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
- February 21: Elliot: A Soldier’s Fugue by Quiara Alegría Hudes
- March 14: Pipeline: A drama by Dominique Morrisseau
- April 11: Little Women, adapted by Kate Hamill from the book by Louisa May Alcott
- May 16: Aubergine by Julia Cho
Four unique productions in the first half of 2021:
- The Mitten, a world-premiere 35-minute shadow puppet play, co-produced with KatyWilliams Design and JParkerArts, held in-person, outdoors at the Ent Center for the Arts in February 19th-21st, and 26th-28th. Will it be cold? Sure. But we’ll keep you moving and embrace the Colorado spirit (heavy coats and gloves recommended)
- An Iliad, the return of our production from March 2020, which will go on whether indoors, outdoors, or virtually, in May 2021.
- Free-For-All: Midsummer Night’s Dream held outdoors and free of charge at community sites around the Pikes Peak region in May & June 2021.
- A fourth small-cast play to be announced later, planned outdoors at the Ent Center in July 2021.
Monthly Subscriber Coffee and Cocktail Chats, third Sundays at 7pm limited to patrons who subscribed to the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons; please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Monthly Directors Circle Play Club, second Thursdays at 11am limited to members of our Directors Circle donorship giving level; please reach out to email@example.com with questions.