2021 Spring Virtual Readings
VIRTUAL READING SERIES
Theatreworks presents a series of five virtual readings, featuring stories we are considering for production in 2021 and 2022. Each features a full cast of actors, who gather to rehearse with a director for fifteen hours, and then share a new text with our audience via a live-streamed reading.
Image caption: actors from our January reading of Twelfth Night, left to right, top to bottom: Rebecca Myers*, Robert Rais*. Jenna Moll Reyes*, Laurence Stepney, Vero Maynez, Bernadette Sefic, Mark Rubald*, Ryan Omar Stack, and Elle Walker
Our readings are always Sundays at 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare, January 24
- Elliot: A Soldier’s Fugue by Quiara Alegria Hudes, February 21
- Pipeline: A drama by Dominique Morrisseau, March 14
- Little Women, adapted from Louisa May Alcott’s novel by Kate Hamill, April 11
- Aubergine by Julia Cho, Originally scheduled for May now postponed to October 17, 2021
The readings are made possible through Theatre Authority; all artists are compensated for their participation. The readings are absolutely free; pre-registration is required and donations welcome. Register through this link and we will send a Zoom link of the production to your email on the day of the show.